** We offer FREE SHIPPING for all orders over $25! This discount is automatically applied at checkout as long as your order total is at least $25. **
Large Marimo Terrarium Kits:
- Includes 2 Marimo Moss Balls (1 to 1.5 inch each) while other kits only contain one.
- Includes a 38 ounce heavy glass authentic Italian swing top bale jar with vintage-style locking mechanism for the glass lid. Great and durable decorations for your home, office, or patio.
- Extremely easy to take care of. These moss balls can even live in tap water with a water change once every 2 weeks. No need for special lighting.
- Marimo Moss Balls grow very slowly, so the Marimo you receive are already about 5 to 6 years old. The 38 ounce jar included will be able to house them for over 10 years.
- Marimo are a fantastic gift for children to teach them about the responsibility of owning and taking care of a pet.
More details for our all-inclusive Large Marimo Terrarium Kit:
Each kit contains 2 Giant Marimo that are between 1" and 1.5". We try to include two Marimos of different sizes so one of your new pet Marimo has a smaller sibling.The Marimo are shipped with a large and thick 38oz authentic Italian Swing Top Bale Jar. The jar is squared with rounded edges. Unlike round jars, this jar provides non-distorted viewing angles that don't produce a "fisheye" effect when viewing your Marimo. The included jar is also more than twice the size of most other kits, meaning that it can house the Marimo much longer as they grow larger. Also included is a REAL sea fan and polished stones to bring out the best color in your new pets. This is a highly unique addition to a home or office! If you wish, you can cut the moss balls into smaller pieces and the individual pieces will grow into separate moss balls.
Small Marimo Terrarium Kits:
- Includes one nano marimo Moss ball, a Square 7oz bottle with cork, Sea fan, and river stones.
- The cork lid makes this a great piece for retro, country, and vintage decoration schemes. Great Decorations for your home, office, or patio!
- Extremely easy to take care of. Keep them in any freshwater Aquarium, terrarium, simple Jar or glass vase. They can even live in tap water with a biweekly water change. No need for special Lighting.
- Marimo Moss balls grow very slowly and can live in a Jar for years. Over time, the marimo will become a "ship in a bottle" piece, and people will wonder how it got in the bottle in the first place.
- Marimo are a fantastic gift for Children to teach them about the responsibility of owning and taking care of a pet.
More details for our all-inclusive Small Marimo Terrarium kit:
Each kit contains 1 nano marimo that is between 0.5" and 1". unlike virtually all of the marimo on the market, each marimo is cut from an authentic marimo, and shaped into a sphere. Because of this, the marimo may have a slightly uneven appearance for the First few weeks. The marimo are shipped with a thick 7oz Glass jar. The jar is Squared with rounded edges. Unlike Round jars, this jar provides non-distorted viewing angles that don't produce a "fisheye" effect when viewing your marimo. Also included is a real sea fan and real river stones to bring out the best color in your new pets. this is a highly unique addition to a home or office! if you wish, you can cut the moss balls into smaller pieces and the individual pieces will grow into separate moss balls.
Marimo balls are regarded as good luck charms in Japan, and since they have been known to live to 200 years and beyond, they are often kept as family heirlooms. They are thought to symbolize close bonds between family members or close-knit friends, and are often passed down to children and grandchildren or nieces and nephews. By the time future generations receive the marimo balls, they will be larger in size and will continue to grow with each generation. Additionally, marimo balls are sometimes given to young children as "pets," since the only care they require is occasional water changes. Marimo balls are thought to represent everlasting love; thus, they are often used as wedding table ornaments or even gifted at weddings. They are appropriate as a gift to the bride and groom, and smaller marimo balls make wonderful take-home gifts for the guests that will serve as mementos of the newly-weds' special day.